Woohoo! I’m finally starting to feel better, so I’m typing this from my desktop – but I’m really, really, behind so I’m still getting help from some awesome guest bloggers! Today, the talented Sibel Hodge, who writes romantic comedy and mystery.
Don’t Let Life Get You Down
We all have days where nothing is going right, or moments in our life that drag us down. The important thing is how we deal with the stresses and upheavals that living in the modern world places upon us. So if you have that sinking feeling, just remember that today’s bad news could be tomorrow’s opportunity. Repeating positive motivational quotes and mantras help me get through the the rough times. Here are some of mine…
- Life is full of should haves. You can’t change the past, but the power to do anything is here, now.
- Make the most of all your opportunities today. You never know which one will pay off.
- It’ll be OK in the end. If it’s not OK, then it’s not the end.
- Laughter is a great stress management tool. Devote time to laugh throughout your day.
- Success is just a state of mind. If you believe you can do something then you can … but maybe not always the way you first thought.
- Your potential is from infinity to beyond.
- Don’t try to fail by failing to try.
- Live for today, dream of tomorrow, learn from yesterday.
- You are unique, so use your unique talent to your advantage.
- Everything You touch is a success.
The meditations above, plus many more, are included in my new book Healing Meditations for Surviving Grief and Loss
It’s an inevitable part of life that at some point we will all experience loss and grief. Loss doesn’t just mean the death of a loved one. It can also include any kind of major change, death of a cherished dream, divorce or the end of a relationship, loss of freedom, job loss, loss of income, rejection, chronic illness or disease, infertility, miscarriage, death of a pet, as well as many other tragedies. Every change in our lives is really a death of some kind (something has ended), and can create a state of grief and loss.
There’s no right or wrong way to grieve, and the road to recovery is unique to each person. Healing Meditations for Surviving Grief and Loss explores how we can honour our loss and grief and move forward through hope, recovery, and healing. The meditations are designed to create positive and healthy changes in our lives, aid us on our journey to recovery, comfort us, inspire us, and give us hope of a brighter future. They can help to rebuild our self-confidence and help us learn to love ourselves and our lives again.
The Aim of this Book is to Help:
- Identify how you can express your feelings of anger, guilt, sadness, fear, pain, and anxiety
- Motivate you to can carry on living after suffering from loss
- Help you reflect on your loss in positive and healthy ways
- Dedicate time to the grief process and its expression
- Explore positive ways of coping with your loss
- Let you know that you’re not alone
So don’t let life get you down. The power to pick yourself up and deal with life is controlled by your own positive thoughts.
I’d love to hear some of your mantras!
Peace and Love